Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Math Ledge Ends: A Digital Story
Math Ledge Ends: Divide and Conquer
This digital story was created with the purpose of reminding students to use the divisibility tests to make their problem solving easier. The story idea and character shots are the product of team work. My colleague and I got together and created the digital images; then, we created our independent stories based on the original story plan.
What I learned:
I learned the process of team story telling works really well. Brainstorming, story mapping, and image gathering is well suited for teaming. Once the material is gathered, students can go to work separately and use their technology skills to create the digital story. This format should work very well in my upper intermediate classroom and I plan to use it as soon as possible.
Using Digital Storytelling:
I'm very convinced that digital story telling is a powerful way to address standards and have fun learning. I plan to use the model my colleague and I used for this project with my students. First on the agenda is a History Day project that I have scheduled for the third quarter. I think students will be enthusiastic because of the teaming and also have accountability because of the individual project completion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It is amazing how two people can work on the same thing and come up with two entirely different ideas of how to create the final product! :)
Post a Comment